>> Brand Architecture
Step back for a moment and look at your organization from the eyes of your customer. Is it clear how the various brand, product and service offerings fit together? Or is there an opportunity to improve the brand architecture, to generate clarity, synergy and leverage?
Brand alignment with customer requirements is the key to effective brand management. Through our brand consulting services, EquiBrand works with companies to organize and manage their branded offerings, with the overall objective of maximizing strategic leverage and increasing the value of the brand portfolio. Here is more information on brand portfolio strategy and plan development:
- Brand architecture strategy overview, including brand architecture definition, objectives, issues and considerations
- Brand architecture management shows the various components to consider in developing the architecture, including a strategic audit, guiding principles, alternative models and brand naming decision tree
- Brand portfolio examples, provides perspective on alternative models and approaches along the brand relationship spectrum
- Brand architecture template includes practical tips for developing and evaluating brand portfolio alternatives, including pros and cons analysis
Key issues addressed:
- What improvement opportunities within the current brand portfolio strategy and framework exist to better align with the marketplace?
- What types of brand development models should be considered? Should the company employ a masterbrand strategy or compete via individual brands and subbrands?
- How many brands should be supported, and through what means?
- Are there any gaps in the current product portfolio and how should these be addressed?
- How should a newly acquired brand be integrated into the existing brand portfolio?
Brand architecture consulting approach and benefits:
Establishing an effective brand and product portfolio begins with an understanding of the company’s overall business objectives and strategies. From there, we establish the category framework and inventory the current brand images and interdependencies within the portfolio. Brand portfolio principles and alternative models and frameworks are then constructed and assessed by our brand portfolio consultants. Finally, a brand naming decision tree is developed to inform corporate and product brand name selection. Strategic work sessions are conducted to ensure the recommended brand portfolio meets the overall business objectives.
To initiate a call or meeting about your brand architecture consultant or brand portfolio consultant needs, please call Tim Koelzer at (925) 247-1400 or send Tim a contact form.