>> Project Kickoff
The project kickoff is usually the first-step in consulting engagements and is useful for both assessing the market and informing subsequent project steps. Here are typical Step One project components:
- To gain insight into management’s vision for the business and brand, identify competitive dynamics, and lay the foundation for subsequent project steps.
- Kickoff the project including client-delivered overview of the business and brand
- Review existing research, business plans and strategy documents, as available
- Conduct management interviews to address hypotheses, opportunities and challenges
- Profile competitors to determine their brand positionings and strategic intent
- Identity highest potential customer segments (e.g., demographically, behaviorally, attitudinally) for subsequent research
- Obtain proprietary customer insights through primary research
- Project kick-off materials, including marketing, innovation and brand strategy perspectives
- Internal hypotheses, questions, opportunities and challenges to guide subsequent project steps
Key outputs of this step are used as an input into initial strategic visioning step.