Brand Naming Consultant
A strong brand name is an imperative in today’s environment of fragmented media and fleeting messages. Names must work harder than ever to break through the clutter and set the brand up for market success.
EquiBrand has a proven track record as a brand naming consultantcy, developing powerful, memorable, and legally available brand names – names that capture both the brand promise and the hearts and minds of the target customer.
Brand Naming Issues
- What should the offering be named, and what should the name communicate? Are there unique product or service attributes, market-based metaphors or desired customer end-states that should underlie the name?
- How does the name comply with the overall company and brand architecture to improve clarity, synergy and leverage?
- Does the brand name pass required screens – across strategic fit, auditory appeal, linguistic, legal and website/URL availability?
- What is the naming and nomenclature system to align product and service offerings, both today and in the future?
Brand Naming Approach
- EquiBrand’s brand naming consulting process blends art with science, and begins with the development of a brand naming brief to drive the generative process around relevant insight areas
- Our creative team of copywriters, linguists, and brand naming consultant experts then develop a broad array of naming alternatives, using a variety of creative– and research–based techniques
- The name alternatives are then screened for strategic fit, auditory and linguistic appeal and trademark availability, to inform the recommended “short list” of names
- Creative concepts, including brand logos and website homepage designs, are often developed to help illustrate the full potential and select the new brand name