Visioning is used early in consulting engagements, to paint a picture of the desired end state, a number of years in the future. The key question: How do you visualize your business and brand in three to five years?
- To develop an initial strategic vision for the business and brand to guide subsequent project steps
- Review the market assessment, to identify key issues and opportunities
- Develop alternative visioning statements, through facilitated workshops
- Review, refine and prioritize vision statement alternatives
- Initial visioning statement to guide subsequent project steps
- Internal hypotheses, questions, opportunities and challenges to guide subsequent project steps
At this stage, initial “straw man” deliverables across marketing and brand strategy outputs are created. The straw man output is designed as a draft version for the team to debate, pick apart, and improve. From there, a common next step is obtaining customer input and creating a customer framework.